ESL CLASSES & TUTORING IN THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY IN LOS ANGELES
CALL US NOW (818) 344-5055
We have online speaking classes now.
In-person classes will start again when it is safe.
Words About the Numbers 1-to-5
May 11, 2018
1. Mono--- one a. monopoly--- one company that is able to control all sales of a product or service, such as a (landline) telephone company, a cable TV company, or a water and power company b. monologue--- a long speech by one person
2. Bi--- two a. bicycle--- transportation on two wheels b. bicentennial--- something that happens every two hundred years
3. Tri--- three a. tricycle--- transportation for a child on three wheels b. tripod--- a device with three legs that holds a camera
4. Quad--- four a. quadrilateral--- a four-sided figure in geometry b. quadruplets--- four babies born to the same mother in one pregnancy
5. Pent--- five a. pentagon--- a five-sided figure in geometry b. pentathlon--- a track and field event where each person competes in five events
5. Quint--- five a. quintile--- five parts of a who with equal numbers in each b. quintuplets--- five babies born to the same mother in one pregnancy