March 10, 2018
Most nouns have articles (a/an/the) in front of them.
1. He went to THE beach.
2. THE dog jumped over THE fence.
3. I went to THE library to borrow A book.
However, some nouns do not normally have articles in front of them.
school, church, home, work, traffic, life, court, people, milk, jail, insurance, politics, software
1. We went to school last night.
2. They go to church every week.
3. He is at home right now.
4. I have to be at work by 8 AM.
5. Nobody likes driving in traffic.
6. She had to go to court last week.
7. I like to be around people.
8. He likes to drink milk.
9. We follow the law because we don't want to go to jail.
10. Health insurance is important for everyone.
11. I don't want to go into the world of politics.
12. Computers don't work without software.