Words with "cede" in them
1. cede--- to give up or transfer Most dictators will do almost anything to avoid ceding power to someone else.
2. concede--- to admit defeat Mitt Romney conceded that Barack Obama won the last presidential election.
3. secede--- to withdraw formally from an organization Mississippi, Florida, and Alabama all seceded from the United States soon after Abraham Lincoln was elected President.
4. precede--- to go before George W. Bush preceded Barack Obama as President of the United States.
5. recede--- to go back His hairline recedes every year.
6. supercede (also spelled supersede)--- to be higher than in power When they conflict, federal laws supercede state laws.
CEDE is a Latin root that means "go," "yield," or "surrender."